Before We Ride...
What to wear? What to wear?
For your comfort and safety, we strongly encourage long pants (preferably jeans), socks (please don't feed the bugs!), and a hard-soled shoe with a small heel. PLEASE, NO high heels, flip flops, sandals of any kind, crocs, etc (you get the picture). The shoe that covers your foot will protect you if your foot should somehow end up under one of our horse's hooves (it can happen to the best of us!)
These are guidelines to help make your ride enjoyable. You will encounter brush and bugs along the trail. Critter spray is a great option!
We also provide, free of charge, safety headgear specifically designed for horseback riding. Helmets are required for children 17 years and younger. They are also highly recommended for adults.
When we ride:
May 1st - November 15th*
Fridays through Sundays: 11am - 6pm
Mondays through Thursdays: by special arrangement only
All rides are weather-permitting;
Reservations are required;
Hours may vary depending on available daylight;
* Additional days may open with good weather
Weather or not we ride...
Please plan ahead .... (we'll help!)
Click on the park name below to view its forecast.
(yes, it's a pun)
Other important stuff:
- Deposits: we require a valid credit card to hold your spot. Cancellations within 24 hours of your ride are subject to a $50 fee; no-shows are charged full price;
- If we cancel due to weather, prior to your ride, all charges, if any, are fully refunded;
- We must enforce a weight limit of 225 pounds and do apologize for any inconvenience;
- Blazing Trails, LLC reserves the right to deny any service if deemed unsafe for any horse or person;
- Please call ahead for availability 810-355-8777
Copyright © 2015 Blazing Trails, LLC. All Rights Reserved.